Life of Jesus Trips to Israel
With Extensions to Jordan
Special Features of this Trip:
- Follows the rough ouline of the life of Jesus
- Also includes some major O.T. sites
- Five days enjoying the Sea of Galilee area
- Five days in the Greater Jerusalem area
- Helpful notebook of background materials
- Optional illustrated lectures throughout
- Visits to the major museums of Jerusalem
- Includes all tips throughout the trip
Sample Life of Jesus Itinerary:
- Day 1 (travel)
- Day 2- Arrive. Spend first night in a Tel Aviv hotel on the Mediterranean.
- Day 3- Travel to the Beersheba encampment of the Patriarchs, explore Tel Arad's Israelite shrine, and then on to a Dead Sea shoreline hotel (Want to try a float?).
- Day 4- Visit Masada, view Ein Gedi, explore Qumran, and drive north to Galilee.
- Day 5- Beth Shean Valley's Decapolis city of Scythopolis. Explore the Jezreel Valley, Mount Tabor and visit the village of Nain. Optional baptismal renewal service.
- Day 6- Jesus' Early Galilean Ministry in Nazareth (Church of the Annunciation, the NazarethVillage). View the Cana area and visit the nearby ruins of Sepphorus.
- Day 7- Today's theme is the Central Galilee Ministry at Bethsaida, Chorazin, Capernaum, and Magdala. Galilee fish (or alternative) lunch and a boat ride across the sea.
- Day 8- Visit the major towns on "the other side" of the Sea: Gadara, Hippus and Kursi.
- Day 9- Today's theme is Jesus' Withdrawal from Galilee to Herod Philip's territory. View Gamla, visit Caesarea Philippi and enjoy a Mount of Beatitudes view.
- Day 10- Journey to Jerusalem. View Megiddo and visit Caesarea on the Mediterranean. (On the May 13-28 trip* visit the IAA archaeological warehouse) On to Jerusalem.
- Day 11- Morning visit to Bethlehem's Church of the Nativity, shop in a Palestinian co-op and enjoy lunch. Drive to Mount of Olives to view the city for which Jesus wept on Palm Sunday. End the day at the Garden of Gethsemane Church.
- Day 12- Explore Jesus' Teaching in the Temple, Last Supper and Jewish Inquiries.
- Day 13- Museum day at the Holocaust Museum, Israel Museum and Model of Jerusalem.
- Day 14- Follow Jesus' Roman Trials and Crucifixion, as we visit the traditional Church of the Holy Sepulchre and then a Garden Tomb optional communion service.
- Day 15- Departure for the Jordan extension or return to the US.
Jerusalem Old City Street
We encourage groups planning a trip to the Holy Land to consider a pre-trip visit to the Biblical History Center in Lagrange, Georgia.