Book of Acts Charter Cruise (New)
To Greece, Macedonia and Turkey
Highlights of the Cruise:
- Relaxing and sailing the blue Aegean Sea and Dardanelles Straights
- Sitting in the great theaters at Ephesus, Pergamum and Miletus
- Optional lectures by Jim Fleming (US) and Paul Keeys (UK)
- 7 nights cruise program full board, 2 nights Corinth half board
- Includes all airport transfers, shore excursions, and port taxes
- Day 1 - Arrive in Athens and travel by coach for dinner and overnight in Corinth.
- Day 2 - Visit the Acropolis Parthenon Temple, Mars Hill, Roman Forum, the shops at the Plakka, and tour of the city highlights. Evening embark and sail to Thessalonica.
- Day 3 - View of Corinthian Canal, visit ancient Corinth with its Apollo Temple, bema judgment seat, market and museum. Pass Cenchreae on our drive to the Piraeus port of Athens and board our ship and prepare for sailing.
- Day 4 - Visit the agora town council where Paul was brought for questioning, view the city walls as we drive to Beroea to commemorate Paul's preaching, visit the tomb of Phillip II and return to ship for sailing.
- Day 5 - Kavala is the port city of Macedonia. Follow Paul, Timothy and Silas to Philippi. Visit the forum and recall Lydia, the seller of purple. Return for afternoon sail passing the Dardanelles on our way to Istanbul.
- Day 6 - Istanbul city visit to Emperor Justinian's St. Sofia Cathedral, the Blue Mosque, the basilica cistern, Galata Tower, the Beth Israel Synagogue and the Grand
Bazaar markets. Evening sail to Dikili, port of Pergamum.
- Day 7 - A royal city of Asia Minor. Ascend the acropolis and view the base of the Altar of Zeus. See the Temple of Athena and visit Hadrian's monument to Trajan. View the steepest theater in the Roman world.
- Day 8 - Arrive in the port of Kusadasi for our visit to Ephesus. Highlights will include the Temple of Domitian and Hadrian, the Celcius library, the terrace houses, and the great theater. Travel south to Miletus to see the great Roman Theater for a view of the ruins of the port where Paul said farewell to the Ephesus elders.
- Day 9 - Morning visit to the Greek Orthodox Monastery of St. John commorating the writing of the Revelation. Afternoon sail to Syros for a leisurely visit of the harbor.
- Day 10 - Arrive in Athens for morning disembarking and transfers.
For details and price on this trip:
Ask for Ginny.
Monastery of St. John – Patmos